memorize : 指有意识的下功夫把某事的整个细节都记在脑子里。
- He studied his map, trying to memorize the way to Rose's street.
remember : 含义较广，多指无意识地回忆起往事，也可指通过主观努力去记忆。
- I don't remember my first day at school.
- I can still vividly remember my grandfather teaching me to play cards.
- He recalled that she always came home late on Wednesdays.
recollect : 指在记忆中搜索，设法想起一时想不起的事情或人，强调过程。
- She could no longer recollect the details of the letter.
- As far as I can recollect, she wasn't there on that occasion.
remind : 指经某人或某事的提醒而回忆起某件已遗忘之事。
- So she simply welcomed him and reminded him of the last time they had met.
- Need I remind you who the enemy is?