chop : 指用刀斧连续猛力砍某物，以便砍断、切碎。
- He was chopping wood in the yard.
- Add some fresh parsley, finely chopped.
- Chop (up) the onions and carrots roughly.
- Laura had her hair chopped (= cut) yesterday.
cut : 普通用词，使用广泛。指用带刃工具的切、割、砍等的行动。
- to cut a slice of bread
- I cut myself/my hand on that glass/with that knife.
- Cut the meat up into small pieces.
- This knife doesn't cut very well.
- Where did you have your hair cut?
- Firefighters had to cut the trapped driver loose/free (= cut the metal to allow the driver to get out of the car) using special equipment.
- He fell off the swing and cut his head open (= got a deep cut in his head).
- He cut the cake in/into six (pieces) and gave each child a slice.
hack : 指粗暴地乱剪、乱砍、乱劈。
- Three villagers were hacked to death in a savage attack.
- The butcher hacked off a large chunk of meat.
- The article had been hacked about (= carelessly changed) so much that it was scarcely recognizable.