英 [əˈvaʊəl] 美 [əˈvaʊəl]
- They were imprisoned for their avowal of anti-government beliefs.
- Her public avowals to reduce crime have yet to be put into effect.
英 [əˈpraɪz] 美 [əˈpraɪz]
- Have customers been fully apprised of the advantages?
- We must apprise them of the dangers that may be involved.
英 [daɪˈvʌldʒ] 美 [daɪˈvʌldʒ]
- Police refused to divulge the identity of the suspect.
- He was charged with divulging state secrets.
英 [iˈlɪsɪt] 美 [iˈlɪsɪt]
- I could elicit no response from him.
- Her tears elicited great sympathy from her audience.
英 [ɪnˈlaɪtn] 美 [ɪnˈlaɪtn]
- She didn't enlighten him about her background.
- A few dedicated doctors have fought for years to enlighten the profession.
英 [ˈmænɪfest] 美 [ˈmænɪfest]
- Social tensions were manifested in the recent political crisis.
英 [əʊˈvɜːt] 美 [oʊˈvɜːrt]
- There was little overt support for the project.
- The tactics employed can range from overt bullying to subtle emotional blackmail.