- Do you have a family?
- It’s a good father that knows his son.
- I have no opinion of that sort of man.
- She put 5 dollars into my hand, “you have been a great man today.”
- I was the youngest son, and the youngest but two.
- The picture flattered her.
- The country not agreeing with her, she returned to England.
- He is a walking skeleton.
- The machine is in repair.
- He allowed the father to be overruled by the judge, and declared his own son guilty.
- You don’t know what you are talking about.
- You don’t begin to understand what they mean.
你根本不知道他们在干嘛。（don’t begin ：决不）
- They didn’t praise him slightly.
- That’s all I want to hear.
- I wish I could bring you to see my point.
- You really flatter me.
- He made a great difference.
- You cannot give him too much money.
- The long exhausting trip proved too much.
- The monk is only not a dead man.
- A surgeon made a cut in the patient’s stomach.
- You look darker after the holiday.
- As luck would have it, he was caught by the teacher again.
- She held the little boy by the right hand. 她抓着小男孩的右手。
- Are you there?
等于句型：Do you follow me?
- If you think he is a good man, think again.
- She has blue eyes.
- That took his breath away.
- Two is company but three is none.
- The elevator girl reads between passengers.
开电梯的姑娘在没有乘客时看书。（相同用法：She modeled between roles. 译成：她不演戏时去客串下模特。）
- Students are still arriving.
- I must not stay here and do nothing.
- They went away as wise as they came.
- I won’t do it to save my life.
- Nonsense, I don’t think his painting is any better than yours.
- Traditionally, Italian presidents have been seen and not heard.
- Better late than never.
- You don’t want to do that.
- My grandfather is nearly ninety and in his second childhood.
- Work once and work twice.
- Rubber easily gives way to pressure.
- If my mother had known of it she’d have died a second time.