Another/a second bite at/of the cherry
An opportunity or achieve something
- He missed a medal in the 100 metres, but will get a second bite of the cherry in the 400 metres.
A plum job
Very good job
- How did you manage to get such a plum job?
Apples and Oranges
Of two different classes, not comparable
- Science and religion were apples and oranges.
As red as a cherry
- Sometimes she blushes as red as a cherry.
Cool as a cucumber
A person who is able to remain calm
- She walked in as cool as a cucumber, as if nothing had happened.
To become very angry, crazy or annoyed
- She’ll go bananas when you tell her the news.
To fail; to be unsuccessful
- We’d planned to go away for the weekend, but it all went pear-shaped.
The apple of your eye
The person who you are very fond of
- What would happen if you found out that the apple of your eye also has a secret fancy for you? How cool would be that…
Peaches and cream
When everything is “peaches and cream,” life is going well.
- Our company had a bit of a rocky start, but everything’s been peaches and cream for the last few months.