纪伯伦 | 致我们终将远离的子女

纪 · 哈 · 纪伯伦(Khalil Gibran)是美籍黎巴嫩阿拉伯诗人、作家、画家。被称为“艺术天才”、“黎巴嫩文坛骄子”,是阿拉伯现代小说、艺术和散文的主要奠基人,20世纪阿拉伯新文学道路的开拓者之一。其主要作品蕴含了丰富的社会性和东方精神,旨在抒发丰富的情感。翻译探究 | Uprising一定是“起义”吗?

Your children are not your children.
你的儿女,其实不是你的儿女。

翻译探究 | Uprising一定是“起义”吗?

They are the sons and daughters of Life’s longing for itself.
他们是生命对于自身渴望而诞生的孩子。

翻译探究 | Uprising一定是“起义”吗?

They come through you but not from you,
他们借助你来到这个世界,却非因你而来,

翻译探究 | Uprising一定是“起义”吗?

And though they are with you, yet they belong not to you.
他们在你身旁,却并不属于你。

翻译探究 | Uprising一定是“起义”吗?

You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
你可以给予他们的是你的爱,却不是你的想法,

翻译探究 | Uprising一定是“起义”吗?

For they have their own thoughts.
因为他们有自己的思想。

翻译探究 | Uprising一定是“起义”吗?

You may house their bodies but not their souls,
你可以庇护的是他们的身体,却不是他们的灵魂,

翻译探究 | Uprising一定是“起义”吗?

For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
因为他们的灵魂属于明天,属于你做梦也无法达到的明天。

翻译探究 | Uprising一定是“起义”吗?

You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you,
你可以拼尽全力,变得像他们一样,却不要让他们变得和你一样,

翻译探究 | Uprising一定是“起义”吗?

For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.
因为生命不会后退,也不在过去停留。

翻译探究 | Uprising一定是“起义”吗?

You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.
你是弓,儿女是从你那里射出的箭。

翻译探究 | Uprising一定是“起义”吗?

The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite,
弓箭手望着未来之路上的箭靶,

翻译探究 | Uprising一定是“起义”吗?

and He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far.
他用尽力气将你拉开,使他的箭射得又快又远。

翻译探究 | Uprising一定是“起义”吗?

Let your bending in the archer’s hand be for gladness,
怀着快乐的心情,在弓箭手的手中弯曲吧,

翻译探究 | Uprising一定是“起义”吗?

For even as he loves the arrow that flies, so He loves also the bow that is stable.
因为他爱一路飞翔的箭,也爱无比稳定的弓。

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.